Human Resources Manager
Department Description: This role is providing management and support on the Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians HR team. This role will be located in Woburn and will require some travel to Boston, MA.
Job Location: Woburn, MA
Req ID: 33166BR
Job Summary: Directs and coordinates human resources activities and practices including onboarding, employment, compensation, training, and employee relations and other HR services and programs as assigned. Position reports directly to the CHRO and supervises the HR Business Partners(s). Position also serves as an HR Business Partner for selected departments.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of HR strategies, programs, and processes in support of the overall business strategy. Provides support to departments regarding onboarding, employment, employee relations, compensation, and training/development.
- Advises/coaches department managers on employee relations matters in accordance with HMFP practices and requirements. Conducts investigations and involves appropriate individuals including CHRO and legal counsel. Collaborates with legal counsel on employment related matters.
- Addresses issues as appropriate and promotes enhancements to optimize Workday functionality. Collaborates with colleagues including HRIS, Finance, Payroll, and Benefits to ensure the timely resolution of Workday issues.
- Supports on boarding of new HMFP employees and enhances onboarding process to ensure a positive and smooth introduction the organization. Analyzes and gathers wage and salary data and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department to ensure the department operates smoothly and efficiently. Ensures a high level of customer service. Collaborates with HR colleagues to foster effective operations of the department.
- Manages and oversees HR Business Partner(s). Provides coaching, mentoring, and supervision as appropriate and provides opportunities for growth and development. Recruits, orients and trains new employees.
- Serves in a key role with CHRO to support business needs as it relates to strategic Workforce planning. Supports and facilitates identifying and implementing key performance indicators (KPI's) and metrics to assess the future talent needs of the departments. Analyzes recruitment/retention and turnover along with other key performance metrics.
- Serves in a key role to plan and implement Workday Talent Management module as Phase 2 of the Workday implementation. Supports CHRO and collaborates with departments to develop tools to screen, interview and evaluate candidates based on best practices and EEO requirements.
- Promotes and participates in Diversity and Inclusion initiatives as determined by HMFP. Prepares, updates, and recommends human resource policies and procedures. Retains human resource records and maintains filing and retrieval system for past and current employee records.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Files affirmative action report, EEO and other HR employment regulatory fillings.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: None
- Bachelor's degree required.
- More than 10 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
- Strong technical and analytical skills are required. Requires in-depth knowledge of principles, practices, technology, and employment laws related to HR.
- Demonstrable ability to influence and coach at all levels of the organization. Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven history of quickly gaining credibility and collaborating with business leaders. Ability to problem solve broad and complex issues using negotiation and diplomacy
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred. Workday experience preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.