Employee Benefits Overview
As a premier health care organization in New England, we are committed to the health and well-being of not only our patients, but also our employees and their families. Our comprehensive Total Rewards programs and resources are built to provide our employees with the flexibility they need to choose the benefits that are best for themselves and their loved ones. Whether you are looking to protect the health and finances of yourself or a family member, save for retirement, find support resources, or something else, chances are we’ve got a program to help you.
Our benefits program is available for employees regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week and their spouses and dependents up to age 26.
Here are some of our plan highlights. For complete details, visit BILH Benefits Central, our one-stop shop for everything you need to know about our benefits.
Medical Insurance & Prescription Drug Coverage
We offer three medical plan options through Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (HPHC):
- Domestic & Community HMO
- HMO Plus
- Tiered POS
While all plans cover a wide range of medical and preventive care, the costs vary by plan and include a range of coverage levels.
If you elect medical coverage, you will also receive prescription drug coverage through CVS Caremark at no additional cost. Plus, you have the convenience of using a BILH Pharmacy for your prescriptions – and will save money when you do!
Healthy teeth and gums are essential to your overall health. Often, your oral health can be an indicator for other issues you may be facing. It’s important to receive regular dental checkups and maintain good oral hygiene, so we provide two dental plan options through Delta Dental of Massachusetts. Both plan options include preventive, diagnostic, and basic restorative coverage. The high option also includes major restorative and orthodontia services (only for dependents up to age 19, as well as a higher plan year maximum.
In an increasingly digital world, many of us likely spend hours each day staring at a screen. It’s now more important than ever to make sure you keep your eyes healthy. We offer two vision plan options from EyeMed Vision Care. Both plans cover eye exams, frames, lenses and contact lenses, as well as offer a variety of discounts on services and materials. The high option includes lower copays and higher allowances for your lenses and frames.
We understand situations may arise that require employees to be away from their jobs for an extended period of time. Disability insurance, provided through Unum, is a source of financial protection if you are unable to work due to illness or injury.
- Short-Term Disability: You can choose a benefit of either 60% or 75% of weekly base earnings, up to the maximum benefit, for up to 26 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability: BILH provides eligible employees with Core LTD coverage equal to 60% of their monthly pay, up to the monthly maximum, at no cost. You can elect Optional LTD coverage, equal to a total of 66 2/3% of monthly pay to the maximum benefit, if you want additional coverage.
It’s always best to plan for the unexpected. We provide basic life insurance equal to one times your annual base pay at no cost to you. You may also elect additional life insurance for yourself and coverage for your spouse and children, up to plan maximums.
We also offer optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage for yourself, your spouse, and your children.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
It’s a good idea to set aside money for medical and dependent care expenses, so it’s there when you need it. Our FSA benefit gives you the chance to save money on a pre-tax basis to pay for health care costs and/or dependent care costs not covered by insurance. Two accounts are available:
- Health Care FSA – Used to pay for eligible out-of-pocket medical, dental, and vision care expenses for yourself and your eligible dependent(s). You may contribute pre-tax dollars up to the IRS maximum.
- Dependent Care FSA – Used to pay for eligible expenses for the care of a dependent child under age 13 (e.g., preschool, child day care) or a dependent adult (e.g., elder day care). You may contribute pre-tax dollars up to the IRS maximum per family per year.
While most of our health and welfare benefits are designed to help you in the short-term, saving for a more secure financial future is equally important. We provide retirement benefits to help you save for your long-term goals and aspirations. You’ll receive more information about the retirement program from your HR representative.
Paid Time Off
We offer paid time off that can be used when you are absent due to vacation, holidays, illness, personal reasons, and emergency situations. You’ll receive more information about the paid time off available to you from your HR representative.
The list of additional benefits available to our employees and their family members is too long to list on this page! Other benefit programs include:
- Child- and elder-care, including subsidized backup care
- Legal benefit
- Voluntary benefits including critical illness, hospital indemnity, and accident insurance
- Well-being benefits, including the Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter program (Parking and Transit FSAs)
- Tuition assistance
- Benefits and discounts through a centralized website (Pet Insurance, Auto/Home Insurance, to name just a few!)
Note: There are some differences in benefits for certain staff and locations. If you have questions, contact your HR representative.