Pharmacy Refill Center Technician Specialty Cardio/Metabolic
Department Description: Specialty pharmacy supporting cardio/metabolic clinic.
Job Location: Westwood, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45535BR
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Refill Center technician will provides pharmacy support services in collaboration with the clinics of BIDMC in the processing of prescription refill request with the goal to improve operational efficiencies and deliver enhanced refill and medication management services. This technician will be responsible for assisting the pharmacy refill center pharmacist with the coordination and processing of medication refill request. This technician will also support pharmacy operations under the supervision of the pharmacy integrations manager.
- Performs pharmacy authorization services under the guidelines and scopes of agreement to coordinate the authorization of refills by the pharmacy refill center pharmacist. Collaborate with health care providers and patients to facilitate refill request, medication maintenance, and continuity of care.
- Responsible for answering in-bound calls and assisting patients with pharmacy related services. Obtaining patient information by phone/email, interviewing patients, verifying information. Contacting patients to obtain any required pharmacy related information.
- Must convey professional communication with physician offices at all times both orally and written. Responsible for proper communication and documentation of clarification requests and follow up, including documenting progress in OMR.
- Reviews and maintains patient medication profiles and enter process prescriptions.
- Supports clinics and health care providers with pharmacy related request such as refills, prior authorizations, benefits investigation, and copay assistance.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- License Mass Registered Pharmacy Tech required., or Registration Pharmacy Technician Trainee required., or Certificate 1 Certfied Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Understanding of insurance and adjudication processes.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience in academic medical center pharmacy.
- 340B Pharmacy experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.