Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham (BID Needham) is a licensed 58–bed acute care hospital offering the same care as our direct affiliate Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in your community.
This close affiliation with BIDMC, since 2000, has facilitated the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, pathology and oncology. Physicians in Needham maintain very close relationships with the staff at BIDMC; so in cases where patients need to be transferred from Needham to Boston for more advanced care, there are systems in place to make that transition happen quickly.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 34445BR
Job Summary: Under the direction of a cardiologist, performs stress tests: ETT's, stress echos, nuclear stress tests, persantine stress tests, for diagnostic purposes for inpatients and for outpatients.
- Performs stress tests for inpatients and for outpatients
- Enter all appropriate data into the computer from completed tests.
- Maintains stress system machines and equipment. Orders supplies.
- Explains purpose and procedure of applicable stress test to patient.
- Remains composed, reassuring and able to follow directions during emergency situations, STAT requests and orders.
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology, Applied Health Science or equivalent years related work exp required.
- Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Six months clinical experience through internship or on job training at a hospital-based exercise laboratory.
- Knowledge of basic skills for interpretation of electrocardiograms.
- Understanding of anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, familiarity with principles and techniques and outcomes of exercise testing.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.