Regional Registered Nurse-Greater Needham and Greater Boston positions available!
Department: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Central Nursing Dept.
At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center our nurses make a difference each and every day. Here you will work in a collaborative environment where our patients come first. You are a patient advocate delivering compassionate care while ensuring safe nursing practices. We are Harvard with a heart and strive to build on our legacy of nursing excellence.
- Full Time
- Level: 1 + Years
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
- Team Player 10
- Adaptable/Flexible 9
- Patient Focused 8
- Self Confident 8
- Dependable 7
- Compassionate 7
Let me just give you a quick overview of why it's different here. You'll be heard, respected, valued. Your ideas will be sought, your input welcomed. There's a real commitment to keeping it collegial and collaborative.-Marsha M., RN, MS, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services CNO
Health and Wellness Programs
$5 Red Sox Tickets
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare is a network of more than 100 highly-skilled primary care physicians and specialists who are affiliated with the renowned Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. Our Central Office is located in Needham, MA.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 31250BR
Job Summary: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare (BIDHC) is building a high performance team-based primary care model that will enable the organization to be a leader in patient experience, provider and care team work-life balance and the delivery of best in class medical care. Critical to our success is the ability to create an organizational culture that values the skills of each team member and fosters a healthy and supportive work environment.
To realize this vision, BIDHC is building an exemplary leadership team in which the Regional Registered Nurse (RN) will play a key role in supporting the clinical needs of our care teams. The Regional RN position is a dynamic role utilizing nursing skills in direct patient care in an ambulatory primary care practice as well as providing clinical support and training for a group of practices within a designated region. The Regional RN reports directly to both the Senior Director of Nursing and the Regional Operations Director.
- Using evidence-based medicine, the Regional Registered RN will practice in a dual role, providing direct patient care and providing clinical support including the following : Performing Medicare Annual Wellness (AWV) visits, Chronic Care Management (CCM), telephone triage, walk-in triage and Coumadin management.
- Partners with Department of Nursing, Regional Operations Director and Practice Manager(s) to manage the onboarding and training of new clinical team members (MAs, LPNs and RNs) within the designated region using standardized tools created by the department.
- Lead medical assistant annual competency skills training and ongoing clinical training and in-services.
- Assist with ongoing clinical team training on Point of Care (POC) testing, new clinical equipment, vaccine administration and practice work flows.
- The Regional RN will ensure safe patient practices to prevent/eliminate risk of patient harm and collaborates with the Director of Patient Safety and Risk Management on patient safety process improvements.
- Associate's degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- License Nursing License required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- 1-3 years supervisory/management experience. Direct patient care experience. EHR software use and proficiency.
- Massachusetts RN license. Ability to travel throughout Massachusetts. Willingness to be flexible with hours during practice trainings or support. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience leading training, group facilitation and public speaking
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Clinical training or teaching experience, CCM and Coumadin management experience.
- Experience in primary care, family or internal medicine setting.
- Collaborative team based care experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.