Radiology Scheduler (Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm)
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital−Needham (BID−Needham) is a licensed 58-bed acute care community hospital. BID−Needham has served residents in Needham, Newton, Dedham, Dover, Medfield, Sherborn, Wellesley, Westwood and other surrounding communities for more than 100 years. The hospital has been recognized by several organizations for quality and safety, including the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission and a first-place Accountable Care Compass Award from the Massachusetts Health & Hospital Association (MHA).
BID−Needham is part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
BID Needham has had a direct affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center since 2000, facilitating the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopedics, pathology, as well as many surgical services and oncology housed in the Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion.
Job Location: Needham, Massachusetts
Req ID: 42102BR
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Manager, Patient Access & Radiology Scheduling, performs a wide variety of specific and specialized duties, to schedule outpatients for Radiology appointments, using independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. This position requires knowledge of medical terminology and Radiology procedures. Utilizes excellent customer service skills with provider office staff and patients by telephone, or when presenting to the department for appointment scheduling. In this role the employee will gain hands-on experience and knowledge of diagnosis associated with imaging procedures. While working within a team must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrate ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands. The radiology scheduler associate will schedule all types of imaging procedures and identify those exams that require high end imaging prior authorization.
- Responsible for scheduling all radiology appointments, utilizing excellent customer service skills either in person or by telephone.
- Utilizing professional interpersonal skills work with patients and provider offices to schedule appointments.
- Coordinates the Radiologists schedule as it relates to scheduling.
- Follows up with the ordering physician to make sure that an order is present prior to the patients' appointment.
- Schedules all exams including special procedures (core biopsies, FNA and cysts aspirations).
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Ability to follow simple written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to problem solve with the ability to remain organized while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- One year prior experience in a physician practice or radiology.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.