Clinical Practice Coordinator
Department Description: Full-Time, 40-hours per week to support Bowdoin Street Health Center in Dorchester, MA.
Job Location: Dorchester, MA
Req ID: 40501BR
Job Summary: Oversees and facilitates the daily clinical support operations of an outpatient clinical practice with the commitment of providing excellent customer service to patients, families and visitors. Plans and organizes the work of clinical support staff, coordinates and prioritizes work flow, implements appropriate systems and procedures to maintain service standards and acts as a resource to clinicians and staff.
- Plans and oversees work assignments and schedules for the clinical support areas to meet daily operational needs. Monitors procedures to ensure efficient processing of work including time of service, charge entry, supply management, etc.
- Oversees orientation, training and ongoing competency program for practice assistants and medical assistants.
- Contributes to recommendations and decisions related to patient care issues and general practice issues. Makes recommendations on how resources can be used differently and/or more effectively.
- Communicates with providers and other health care team members to ensure the continuity of care and the coordination of services. Assists in the process of implementing new services.
- Implements and oversees quality assurance processes and systems in collaboration with the manager.
Works closely with management and staff from other clinical areas to ensure clear lines of communication around regulatory compliance issues. Ensures compliance training and support in preparation for regulatory compliance reviews, i.e. Joint Commission, CMS and others.
- Provides ongoing feedback to manager regarding training needs, staff performance and process improvement . Provides feedback to manager in the performance review process for staff.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Medical assisting experience required through any of the following areas: MA, CNA (or LNA), EMT, PCT certificate, Associates Degree in Medical Assisting. Current or former nursing or medical student who has completed at least one clinical rotation. Successful completion of BIDMC in-house competency program in 2019. Successful completion of Basic Clinical Skills course at Northeastern University.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Phlebotomy Certificate preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus