Database Analyst CVO
Department Description: This role is providing database support on the Beth Israel Lahey Health Credentialing department!
This is an exciting time to join a growing team.
Job Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46708BR
Job Summary: The CVO Database Analyst shall be accountable for day-to-day maintenance, support, training, and optimization of the CVO credentialing database.
Handles, with discretion, issues that are significant, complex, multidisciplinary, sensitive, and confidential.
Exemplifies a culture of excellence, effective communication and collaboration, and customer service with CVO leadership and staff, internal and external customers, providers, and clinical and administrative leaders within BILH.
Possesses and/or develops a strong grasp of the medical staff operations and the cultures of each affiliated institution and works to find common ground.
Works to develop an overall singular culture of excellence and efficiency system wide.
- Maintain and support the credentialing database used by the CVO as well as local hospital medical staff offices
- Act as a functional and technical resource and system expert
- Act as a liaison between the system vendor and BILH IT, CVO, and Medical Staff Offices
- Assures the security, integrity, and confidentiality of the data housed within the credentialing database in accordance with system and/or hospital policies
- Validates data and maintains data dictionaries for all systems and supports all users by providing education, ongoing assistance, reference and troubleshooting
- Assists in creating and maintaining productivity graphs, reports, and information (as requested); in the development of data entry and credentialing software operational policies and procedures; and in the development or revision of credentialing related forms.
- Assists with the integration and optimization of the credentialing software system and with the development and implementation of credentialing and re-credentialing workflows to ensure efficient and effective alignment of processes
- Serves as a back-up to team leads and credentialing specialists
- Leads and/or participates in special project teams as assigned
- Continually strives to achieve individual, team and departmental goals
- Associate's degree required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in working with a credentialing database in a Medical Staff Office or CVO preferred or utilizing and maintaining databases, including experience with medical terminology.
- Experience with database technology, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under minimal supervision and to adapt quickly to changes within the environment.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.