Residency & Fellowship Coordinator - Medicine
Department Description: The Residency and Fellowship Coordinator will be working with the General Medicine Department at BIDMC. This role will be located in Coolidge Corner - Brookline, however, is currently a hybrid role working remotely with some onsite work.
Job Location: Brookline, MA
Req ID: 34944BR
Job Summary: Coordinates the approved residency and/or fellowship training programs for the department or division.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support and coordination for the General Medicine Research section's three fellowship programs, provides administrative support for four faculty members who serve as Fellowship Program Directors including Outlook calendar management, and serves as the administrative expert and liaison from our section to the hospital IT department to best support our faculty and staff.
- Provides administrative support and coordinates the training program. Works with Program Directors to maintain and prepare materials, interviews, selections, orientations, and evaluations processes. Understands and applies institutional program guidelines to coordinate compliance requirements and update program material.
- Assists with production of manuals and websites, works with IS to utilize hospital web systems and templates. Assists with changes and improvements to current technical tools and liaisons with IS to ensure the systems are accessible to users.
- Develops, communicates, and revises schedules for rotations. Coordinates the evaluation system to collect data and organize timely feedback. Coordinates orientations and schedules meetings, functions and special events throughout the year.
- Coordinates affiliation agreements related to training programs and serves as a liaison between area hospitals. Compiles all program documentation and appropriate statistical data. Facilitates all associated administrative activities.
- Coordinates all aspects of the recruitment process and facilitates application/interview selection process. Processes all required documentation including licenses, visas and credentialing. Maintains record on all trainees in accordance with established requirements. Oversees data collection and ensures the accuracy of program databases.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally