Administrative Assistant-Internal Medicine Practice
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Washington Square Group provides personalized, comprehensive care for patients aged 18 and older.
Job Location: Brookline, MA
Req ID: 30617BR
Job Summary: Provides basic clerical and administrative support for a department. Interacts with diverse populations including the public, patients, medical staff practitioners and APG staff.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Process and prepare prior authorizations, including prescriptions, imaging and procedures.
- Process and prepare prescription refills (requests via fax, patients portal, escribe).
- Review, respond to and appropriately message and follow up on patient portal messages.
- As directed by Provider or RN, perform patient call backs.
- Support practice in an administrative capacity by working with Nurse and Medical Assistant team to streamline workflows.
- Operates office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, etc. Monitors and restocks routine office supplies as necessary.
- Performs routine clerical duties such as opening and sorting mail, delivering and retrieving patient records, photocopying materials and sorting, collating and distributing documents.
- Answers telephones and/or greets visitors or patients. Takes accurate messages or routes call to appropriate person. Provides routine services and assistance as necessary.
- Schedules appointments and meetings and maintains calendars and schedules for assigned staff. Assists in preparation for conferences, seminars or other department sponsored programs or events. Receives, records and prepares related materials and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Collects, compiles and disseminates information and/or data according to guidelines and established procedures. Compiles and distributes routine reports following established procedures.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.