Tech Assistant I--GI
Department Description: The Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition offers world-class patient care through the Digestive Disease Center. Our doctors provide comprehensive treatment for all types of gastrointestinal and digestive disorders. As one of the largest gastroenterology divisions in the country, we offer high-quality clinical care to thousands of people every year. Our research and medical education programs are transforming the future of medicine and improving the lives of our patients.
The hours of this position are 8am-4:30pm.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 39355BR
Job Summary: Carries out the reprocessing protocols for equipment and supplies for procedures. Maintains equipment in proper working order, keeps appropriate inventory of supplies for daily operations. Carries out protocols and quality assurance for infection control in maintenance of equipment and performance of duties. Assists nursing staff in selected tasks to support functions of the unit.
- Reprocesses and disinfects equipment and supplies per protocol.
- Conducts quality assurance measures and maintains QA documentation.
- Monitors equipment and supplies, requesting for repairs and orders as needed.
- Maintains working knowledge of equipment, processes and protocols.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement