Special Procedures Tech II - Bonus Eligible
Department Description: Schedule: Full Time - 36 Hours - Rotating Scheduling - 12 hour shifts
$5000 Sign on Bonus Eligible! (Current BILH candidates- restrictions apply). Bonuses are paid out within 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes.
This position is for an Interventional Radiology Technologist. We are performing the latest in procedures with state of the art equipment. We are building a new Interventional Radiology Department consisting of IR, U/S and CT procedures. The collaboration of Physicians, Nurses, NP/PAs and Technologists make this a great teaching and team environment.
The Interventional Radiology Technologist position is eligible for a signing bonus of up to $5k!!!
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 37044BR
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Clinical Manager of IR/INR, the technologist performs a wide variety of Diagnostic and Interventional procedures in accordance with physician orders. This position requires a high level of technical knowledge, skill and the ability to work in close cooperation with members of a team of physicians, nurses and other technical staff. The technologist participates in research projects, inventory management and staff training. Is involved in the evaluation/instruction of new techniques and equipment. The technologist interacts with patients daily and maintains a safe, respectful and comfortable environment for the patient.
- Technologist assits physicians and follows departmental guidelines and protocols in the performance of all diagnostic and interventional procedures. Follows infection control, sterile technique and contrast media protocols.
- Performs operation of imaging and interventional equipment (U/S, CT 3-D, Digital subtraction, Angiojet). Evaluates image quality.
- Knowledge of and responcible for supply inventory, expiration and stocking. Maintains monthly checks for supply expiration, patient database, eyewash and equipment competencies.
- Cooperate and assists with shift coverage and on-call responcilbilites.
- Must be able to wear a lead apron and stand for long periods of time, multitask, work quickly and efficiently.
- Vocational or Technical training in Radiologic Technology required. Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology preferred.
- License Radiology MA License required., and Registration RT ART required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Prefer 1-3 years of Special Procedure experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.