Software Implementation Project Manager
Department Description: This position is located at 1135 Tremont St. The Project manager position supports a software upgrade and is projected to last 18-24 months.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 26991BR
Job Summary: The Software Implementation Project Manager will focus on project management support for a new clinical information system for the Adult and Neonatal ICU's and the PACU. Scope of work includes management of the vendor co-development engagement and future system implementation. This position is a key member of project teams responsible for enhancing business practices, processes and systems for the area of focus. Draws on a broad understanding of the medical center and departmental practices and policies.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing projects. Works closely with senior administrators to facilitate the team's work and coordinate or manage the team's initiatives and projects. (essential)
- Manages multiple, related, large and smaller complex projects simultaneously. Partners with sponsors and team leaders to strategize team project plans. Focuses on critical success factors, project milestones and deliverables and develops contingency plans.
- Leads project team meetings, including a review of action plans and tracking of project milestones. Updates action plans weekly and prompts accountable individuals to insure timely task completion. Supports activities of project teams and maintains accurate documentation of team minutes. (essential)
- Facilitates gathering and finalization of clinical requirements for vendor software development engagement. Coordinates software design/build and review sessions with the clinical team. Facilitates resolution of policy, clinical and work flow-related decisions or issues. Plans and manages end-user testing and training activities. Manages go-live planning and support activities.
- Designs communication strategies for project progress. Ensures timely and consistent communication of project priorities, status, timelines and deliverables to the user community. (essential)
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Healthcare or Healthcare IT preferred.
- Certificate 1 Project Managemnt Professional preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Project management in a healthcare setting
- Experience in meeting facilitation and the ability to lead group discussions
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Knowledge of hospital operations and clinical workflows for respective departments strongly preferred. Proven track record (minimum 5 years) leading clinically oriented, IT software projects through the full project lifecycle.
- Clinical experience in an inpatient critical care setting; Experience managing large, multidisciplinary projects with complex clinical workflows.
- Familiarity with Jira and confluence or similar collaboration and tracking tools. RN certification and experience preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus