Service Desk Analyst
Department Description: Information Technology (IT) has undertaken a multi-year effort to harmonize IT systems across Beth Israel Lahey Health. IT staff members may have the opportunity to participate in special projects that span Beth Israel Lahey Health as part of this harmonization effort. This position may be assigned to work on special projects, and other job duties, as needed.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46892BR
Job Summary: Responsible for delivering world class support services across all BILH entities and its affiliates. Using the Information Technology Service Management suite provided, this Tier 1 support position is responsible for all aspects of customer requests and incident management. This includes logging, triaging, resolving, and timely follow up of service requests/incidents. The Service Desk Analyst interacts with all levels of BILH colleagues and thus must have superior customer relations and communications skills. This individual must be skilled in both customer service and various information technology areas.
On a day-to-day basis, the Service Desk Analyst ensures proper operation and support of PC's, printers, peripherals, and mobile devices. This individual also supports all standard operating systems and software applications.
The position requires an attitude of constant learning, curiosity, helpful engagement with clients and colleagues, and being invested in the success of the group and its services. The ability to find answers from documented solutions and research technical issues to resolution is critical.
- Responds appropriately and in accordance with established guidelines and timeframes to all calls, emails, work orders or alerts by creating an incident/request using the IT Service Management Suite provided in an effective manner; maintaining and ensuring accuracy of all logged information.
- Responsible for Level 1 support providing basic to intermediate support. Exceeds end user expectations by meeting established SLA's and customer demands. Drives high customer satisfaction and ensures services align with BILH needs.
- Exhibits commitment and accountability to coordinate customer support issues and ensure timely response, positive outcomes and accurately identify when issues should be escalated to Senior Service Desk Analyst for incidents/requests that require elevated support.
- Diagnose and resolve simple to moderately difficult desktop and peripherals related to interoperability, OS security issues, system access, passwords, and authentication. Accurately responds to desktop issues related to profiles, group policies and local system configurations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of network-related activities and support, including but not limited to IP and DNS.
- Acquires professional knowledge and skills by participating in training opportunities, in-service programs, vendor seminars, etc. to maintain the highest level of technical skills possible. Participates in cross-training, may be asked to train other IT colleagues.
- Acquires an understanding of BILH centric clinical and core applications with skill/ability to troubleshoot and resolve performance, access and interoperability issues. Perform assessments and diagnosis of problems using remote tools, with skill/ability to perform fixes and installations.
- Acquires an understanding of best practices in regards to IT security in order to quickly identify potential business impacting vulnerabilities / threats.
- May contribute to the creation of processes and procedures for the Service Desk knowledge base. Will work closely with teams to develop standardized workflows.
- Responsible for hosting, initiating and contributing to the Critical Incident Management process.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in 2 plus years of Service Desk/IT Support experience supporting a large enterprise of end users in a MS Windows / MS Office environment.
- Advanced Knowledge of various Operating systems (OS) such as Windows 10 and MAC OS
Knowledge of various mobile devices, such as: iOS and Android platforms.
Knowledge of Network fundamentals
Solid experience of Citrix Systems application
Solid experience with Microsoft infrastructure (Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, etc.)
Solid experience of Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge and experience with ITSM systems such as Service Now or Remedy.
May produce complex documents, perform analysis, and maintain databases.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge of a wide variety of systems.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Knowledge of Dell, Apple, HP and Ricoh hardware is desirable.
Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft and Workday application is desirable.
Knowledge of the Epic ehr application is desirable.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.