Senior Budget Analyst
Department Description: The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine provides leading-edge anesthesia services in operating rooms, intensive care units, labor and delivery, and non-operating room procedural areas (including gastrointestinal endoscopy, and electrophysiology). Our Physicians and CRNAs work in academic and community Hospitals and other specialized locations.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 36133BR
Job Summary: The Senior Financial Budget Analyst reports to a Budget Director. This position is responsible for the full range of budget functions: variance analysis, budget preparation and various special projects.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for yearly budget preparation including compiling data, input data into the budgeting system as well as tracking changes and confirming changes using P&L s from the system. Strong financial, analytic and detailed oriented skills.
- Analyze Actual to Budget variances on a monthly basis. Determine whether or not a correcting entry or re-class is needed. Present results/recommendations to manager. Assist in running dashboard reports along with appropriate analysis.
- Develop and maintain monthly and Y/E forecast/projection models for each company in conjunction with manager.
- Learn the payroll system and perform functions such changes to salaries and promotions as directed. Accuracy and attention to details is critical.
- Assist with maintenance of attrition and new hire schedules. Attention to detail is required as well as understanding that updates are needed weekly.
- Process reimbursements for CRNAs and MDs Perceptive Content and Concur as a backup.
- Performs analysis of variances to budget with responsibility for coordinating the resolution of system issues, working with departments to identify causes, and reporting to senior management potential impacts on operating results.
- Develops and maintains a Position Control system to control the cost of labor. Works with managers to resolve discrepancies and reports problems to senior management.
- Trains junior staff in all budget functions and any special projects which may arise. Prepares junior staff for advancement and assists management in evaluation of junior staff. Cultivates and maintains productive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Performs financial analysis for hospital and physician relationships. Monitors monthly payments to physician corporations. Performs analysis for hospital fringe benefit budget and monthly review of benefit costs.
- Assists management in the development of systems and procedures to improve financial reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex financial systems.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally