Department Description: Level 2/3 NICU and special Care Nursery focused on family centered care.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46057BR
Job Summary: The Respiratory Trainee reports to the Clinical Manager for clinical/patient care and day-to-day supervisory issues. Reports to the Director of Respiratory Care for administrative, committee, or professional development issues. This position is responsible for patient care including: examination, evaluation, treatment planning, and administration of Respiratory Care procedures in response to a physician's order.
- Performs and interprets tests and procedures to assess and manage patient care in collaboration with physicians, nurses, and other health care team members.
- Works autonomously in a variety of clinical settings to include administration of respiratory care protocols.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- Certificate 1 required: Basic Life Support
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Incumbents in this position must have a current Student Respiratory Therapist license by the Board of Registration in Respiratory Care, Commonwealth of Massachusetts RC and be certified to manage artificial airways, mechanical ventilation, administer aerosolized medications and provide oxygen therapy.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.