Record Control Coordinator
Department Description: This is a first shift position working with Medical Records, working Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5pm. This role is based out of Boston, MA.
This opportunity does include rotating holiday coverage.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46774BR
Job Summary: Performs a wide range of functions relative to the retrieval, distribution, tracking and scanning of medical records. Interacts with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Drop files miscellaneous paper work received from BIDMC.
- Files medical records received from BIDMC, BIDMC Needham, and Radiology.
- Files boxes received from Human Resources.
- Prepares records from pull lists to be transported to BIDMC, BIDMC Needham, Radiology and Human Resources.
- Prepares records from pull list to be available for correspondence staff.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- 2-3 years experience in a medical records environment.
- Proficiency with computer systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.