Department Description: The Division of Cognitive Neurology was established as an outpatient multispecialty clinic devoted to the evaluation and treatment of patients with a variety of cognitive and emotional disorders that resulted from some injury or disease affecting the nervous system. Using expertise from neurology, psychiatry, neuropsychology, neuro-rehabilitation, and social work, our clinicians collaborate to diagnose, treat, and improve and maximize quality of life for a wide range of patients with developmental and acquired disorders affecting attention, executive functions, memory, language, and other cognitive functions, as well as the emotional consequences they bring with them.
Our services include: Neurological and neurocognitive evaluation and consultation, psychopharmacological evaluation and treatment, neuro-rehabilitative care and management, memory remediation, cognitive rehabilitation, transcranial magnetic stimulation, neuropsychological testing, driving assessment, individual and group psychotherapy, and patient and family support for the social effects of illness.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45577BR
Job Summary: The psychologist performs psychological evaluations and provides translatable treatment recommendations that incorporate existing evidenced-based treatment protocols.
- Conducts psychological evaluations. Leads therapy groups for patients evaluated through the clinic, learns and administers computerized-training protocols.
- Participates in interdisciplinary meetings and interfaces with providers throughout the hospital.
- Contributes to educational and research activities.
- Assists in supervision of trainees affiliated with the program both from a research and clinical perspective.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology required.
- License Certified Psychologist required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Minimum of two years of post-doctoral training in clinical neuropsychology required and eligible for board certification.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Background in neuropsychological assessment is preferred with training in the field of behavioral medicine and cognitive behavioral therapy with diverse patient populations.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.