Manager II - Health Information Management Applications
Department Description: Working in the Health Information Management Department, the IS Manager II will be responsible for 3M applications and their integration with other systems.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 37580BR
Job Summary: Oversee the overall management of an IS team(s). Manage the teams with contributions from functional/customer staff, technical support groups and informatics professionals toward goal of delivering and supporting systems in a timely, cost-effective and responsive manner.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for 3M applications and integration with other systems.
- Plan, manage and oversee technical aspects of Application support such as, coordinating and maintaining application upgrades and fixes to the various environments as needed, application level-security, and vendor support contract and HIPAA compliance.
- Test server application changes to set-up options with the server team.
- Review/approve requests for customization in collaboration with the project team.
- Interacts with all levels of the user community, including senior management and medical staff, and is responsible for knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Operationalizes strategies and goals into programs and plans.
- Manage complex projects requiring significant planning, technical expertise, change management and manage multiple tasks related to mature technologies and applications requiring normal year-to-year-maintenance; contributes advice for group "vision"
- Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of established IS policies and procedures and to effectively translate operational plans into methods and processes to be used in the delivery of services, technology planning and support to customers and employees.
- Develop operational and service levels and set reasonable expectations for customers that are based on IT policy; State and Federal requirements; technology or resource limitations; and budgetary constraints.
- Lead regular staff meetings at the team/division level, in order to communicate, inform and clarify procedures, policy, management directives and performance measurements; focus is generally on month-to-month activities and changes that require complex coordination and are procedure focused.
- Routinely communicates with the Director/Vice President and others as appropriate, regarding department functions and the status of various programs, services, and financial objectives.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: 1-5
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.