Learning Management Specialist
Department Description: The Human Resources Learning and myPATH Learning Management department is responsible for designing, developing, & implementing the e-learning curricula that support employee training and compliance, performance and development. This collaborative, fun team of five supports over 17,000 combined employees and affiliate staff by maintaining, designing, configuring, optimizing, and implementing Learning & Performance Management Solutions using industry leading software (Articulate 360) and instructional design principles! Learn more below!
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 31985BR
Job Summary: The Learning Specialist provides expertise in Learning Management System Technology to support the implementation and continued success of an enterprise-wide Learning Management System (LMS) and the Performance Management system. Works with local administrators and departments to promote and support use of the Learning and Performance Management systems. Troubleshoots technical issues related to the LMS and develops functional solutions to improve learning management processes using the system. Provides training related to and promotes use of the LMS across BIDMC, and Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians (HMFP), APG, and BIDMC Needham. Oversees large projects related to the use of the Learning and Performance Management systems.
- Participates on project teams in LMS implementation, support & release management to establish critical understanding of the learning and performance management systems.
- Analyzes departmental and organizational processes to identify systems solutions to support and improve those processes.
- Strong project management skills- capable of overseeing a project from end-to-end including intake, analysis, testing, planning, communication and roll out.
- Creates and facilitates frequent user training on the LMS, ranging from basic to advanced skills.
- Responds timely and courteously to user requests for assistance related to LMS functionality and troubleshoots LMS technical issues and tracks until resolution.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience with learning management systems highly preferred. Cornerstone on Demand experience a plus.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally