Lab Support Leader--Bonus Eligible
Department Description: The Department of Pathology is involved with the diagnosis of cancer and other major medical conditions through the gross and microscopic examination of tissue samples obtained from surgical procedures and endoscopy (Anatomic Pathology).
Our department also provides clinical laboratory services to the hospital as well as consults in the areas of clinical chemistry, hematopathology, microbiology, and transfusion medicine (Clinical Pathology). Affiliated with Harvard Medical School, the Department of Pathology conducts research (linked )in the further characterization of disease processes and trains (linked text) the next generation of pathologists. Affiliated with Harvard Medical School, the Department of Pathology conducts research in the further characterization of disease processes and trains the next generation of pathologists.
The hours of this position are 7am-330pm.
As part of an unprecedented organizational initiative, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is now offering up to $7,000 in sign on bonuses for Lab Support Leader positions.
Bonuses are paid out within the first 30 days of employment and are subject to applicable taxes. Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses. (Current BILH candidates- restrictions apply)
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 37563BR
Job Summary: Ensures team members are appropriately trained. Manages the workflow and serves as liaison between Lab Control and all other departments.
- Serves as liaison between Lab Control and all other departments.
- Resolves all Lab Control related problems with little or no assistance. Communicates problems and resolutions to the leadership team.
- Ensure adequate staffing for all site (e.g., east campus, west campus, and SCC). Prepares schedule and adjusts accordingly, as needs arise. Manages and directs workflow shifting resources, as needed.
- Provides verbal input for performance evaluations for team members. Participates in counseling employees regarding performance.
- Performs Quality Assurance review of requisitions for accuracy. Provides constructive and immediate feedback to individuals. Recommends improvements and plays a lead role in implementing changes.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.