IT Project Manager, Sr
Department Description: Position is located at 1135 Tremont St.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 26797BR
Job Summary: Directs several complex Information Technology projects simultaneously by utilizing the tools, techniques and methodology of professional project management fundamentals to meet the current and anticipated needs of the organization. Achieves operational objectives by preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Possesses an understanding of Compliance related requirements; Business Associate Agreements; various
vendor licensing and maintenance agreements; and exercises judgment in raising any questions, concerns,
or issues to the appropriate resource or authority.
- Possesses and demonstrates a solid understanding of healthcare security and privacy concerns (HIPAA,
- Possess the ability to apply basic knowledge of network, server, storage, database and security.
- Develop, define and execute project plans, budgets, and schedules/deliverables; establish metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of established client's programs.
- Leverage understanding of software architectures, software lifecycle methodologies and information systems development and participate in all phases of complex functional and technical analysis to provide deliverables such as functional specification documents.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 8-10 years related work experience required.
- Related experience in project management roles.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- PMP certification strongly preferred with high degree of knowledge of PMP tools, techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor colleagues.
- Microsoft Project and Visio experience preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally