Information Services Supervisor
Department Description: This position is located at 1135 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 29598BR
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the 24/7 daily supervision of operations of IS Support Services staff. It is an expectation that this position provide input and information to the Manager that may directly influence policies, procedures and processes that impact and affect the delivery of customer services and support within BIDMC.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Keep current with Help Desk Support technology.
- Oversees the daily operational functions and activities of the team; ensuring adequate staff resources, monitoring workflow, scheduling and productivity and ensuring quality controls are in place and practiced
- Serves as a resource and escalation point for technical information and provides expert solutions and problem management to complex problems/issues; coordinates user and support issues within the Team and among other IS teams to ensure timely response, positive outcome.
- Generate metrics to determine success of team and to produce management reports on productivity and workflow analysis.
- Enforcement of customer and departmental Service Level Agreements; creates and maintains technical procedures, documentation and processes
- Participates on projects, when directed to do so by the Manager
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: 1-5
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Certificate 1 A+ Certification preferred., and Certificate 2 Microsoft Cert Syst Engineer preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
- Excellent customer service and case handling skills, with the ability to maintain composure and professionalism during difficult customer encounters and/or crisis situations.
- Excellent problem assessment and problem management skills
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Applied knowledge and understanding of IT desktop management and security principles, practices and systems; i.e. McAfee HIPS, ePO or other enterprise suite
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.