Internal Communications Manager - System Initiatives
Department Description: This role is providing support for System Initatives.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 35936BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director of Internal Communications, the Internal Communications Manager s works closely with other members of the internal communications team and colleagues in Human Resources, Integration Management, Finance and others to develop and implement a strategic communications plans to support key BILH system-level initiatives. The Manager plays an instrumental role in fostering an informed and engaged workforce that feels strongly connected to Beth Israel Lahey Health's mission, values and strategic priorities.
Responsible for designing effective communications to accurately and effectively inform colleagues about human resources programs and policies (including benefit/compensation programs; professional development and training; recruitment; and employee engagement), as well as system-wide initiatives related to diversity, equity and inclusion; integration; budgeting and finance; and other issues.
- Developing and implementing communications strategies designed to inform and engage diverse internal constituencies across BILH and its hospitals and business units. Creating content and deliverables to support those strategies.
- Continuously evaluating the effectiveness of those internal communications strategies and adapt accordingly. Areas of focus include: Human Resources; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; system integration; budgeting and finance; and others, as assigned.
- Fostering alignment and consistency of communications strategies, tactics and resources across BILH's hospital business units. Managing the strategic use internal communications vehicles, including (but not limited to) employee intranets, community-wide emails, newsletters, digital signage, and videos
- Serving as the primary communications resource to key project teams and provide strategic communications support for HR priorities through the development and execution of communication plans to support key HR initiatives, including Open Enrollment; compensation and benefits programs; HR policy updates; professional development and training; employee surveys; employee engagement; and others.
- Provide communications support for BILH's diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives; budgeting and finance; and system integration.
- Contributing to a client-centric operating model, providing proactive and responsive service and support to colleagues and others.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in Internal Communications; Media Relations; Clinical Marketing; Branding and Consumer Engagement; and Marketing Intelligence & Personalization to ensure alignment and consistency across internal and external communications and marketing channels.
- Staying up-to-date on national trends and best practices in internal communications and employee engagement.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: None
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required in Internal Communications and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Health care industry experience preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally