Department Description: Maintenance employees are required to respond to emergencies such as floods, power outages, etc. during off shift hours if asked to do so by department managers.
Snow removal is also the responsibility of the Maintenance Operations Department and all Maintenance employees are required to participate in the snow removal process.
Hours: Sunday - Thursday 11:00pm - 7:30am
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 38004BR
Job Summary: The licensed HVAC mechanic is responsible for general maintenance, repairs and installations of HVAC systems. Operates, tests and overhauls a variety of air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration systems and associated equipment. Assists the HVAC supervisor in the training of new personnel on equipment and systems. Performs tasks within capabilities involving piping systems, motors and controllers,
pneumatic systems, chilled water, etc.
- Performs all repairs and maintenance of all heating/cooling and ventilating components common to the building operations.
- Operates, installs, repairs and maintains mechanical equipment such as air handlers, exhaust fans, automatic valves, pneumatic and electrical controls, refrigeration systems, space heating and cooling units..
- Required to respond to emergencies such as floods, power outages, etc. during off shift hours, if directed to by the department supervisor
- Snow removal is also the responsibility of the Maintenance Department and all Maintenance employees are required to participate.
- Performs record keeping requirements and written reports as part of a daily routine.
- Vocational or Technical training in HVAC required.
- License Mass. Refrigeration Tech Licen required., and Certificate 1 CFC Universal Certificate required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Excellent familiarity with Building Automation Systems.
- Experienced in brazing, silver solder and performing pipe alterations.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.