Department Description: Maintenance Operations inspires a dedicated team of professionals whose goal is to provide a well maintained, safe and appealing facility and environment while meeting regulatory requirements. Our main objective is to resolve problems and provide timely response to meet our customers’ needs. We focus on providing a high level of customer service in order to meet the needs of our patients, visitors and staff and the community while gaining their respect by providing prompt and efficient response to their maintenance requests. We continually evaluate our activities and focus our attention on achieving top performance in all areas of our responsibility.
Maintenance employees are required to respond to emergencies such as floods, power outages, etc during off shift hours if asked to do so by department supervisors. Snow removal is also the responsibility of the Maintenance Operations Department and all Maintenance employees are required to participate in the snow removal process.
Shift for this position is Monday - Friday
6:55am – 3:25pm
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45004BR
Job Summary: This position ensures the completion of scheduled maintenance tasks and repairs as part of a coordinated program.
- Performs the cutting of lawns, maintaining of bedding and plant materials, fertilizers, cleaning and sweeping of walkways, streets and parking areas as well as the emptying of trash cans.
- Uses hand and power tools to maintain plantings and green spaces throughout the Medical Center.
- Snow removal: Includes using shovel, snowthrower, tractor, sander.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Previous experience in industrial or institutional grounds maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of plant life. Experienced in groundskeeping and groundskeeping equipment.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.