Fiscal Cash Analyst
Department Description: Located at 109 Brookline Ave. this position will be working within the Accounting and Fiscal Services department, in this role the candidate will initiate journal entries, maintain detailed supporting analysis, maintain AR and billing for affiliates produce age receivable & invoicing reports. In addition, the candidate will support the cashier function on the East & West Campuses. Candidate will also prepare monthly reconciliations and will apply basic principles and theories of accounting to various transactions to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
The anticipated schedule for this opening is 8am - 4:30pm.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 32855BR
Job Summary: Responsible for all cash receipts and manages the miscellaneous accounts receivable for the organization. The position is also responsible for the daily cash management and investment of surplus operating cash.
- Manages the medical center's miscellaneous accounts receivable. Manages and maintains customer relationships and files. Responsible for generating invoices, posting cash and collections. Coordinates accounting functions with the senior and or staff accountant(s) to generate trial balances, book entries, reconcile accounts, produce an aged receivable and reserve for bad debt report.
- Disburses petty cash according the medical center policy and procedures. Responsible for the sale and control of discounted parking coupons to patients and employees. Makes change for other retail units within the medical center.
- Manages daily operation (opening, balancing, closing and reporting) of the cashier office in the medical center. Verifies and books all clinical departments (on-site and satellite locations) co-payments to the correct general ledger account using the IBAX system. Responsible for receiving, inventorying, reporting, releasing, and communicating status of patient valuables.
- Receives via US and inter office mail all miscellaneous cash, check and credit card receipts. Controls and books them to the correct general ledger account using the IBAX system. Files deposit batches for easy retrieval and research for customer inquiries. Works closely with the senior accountant to prepare end of month schedules, entries, analysis and reports.
- Retrieves daily bank statement(s), projecting receipts and disbursements where data is not readily available and generates the daily investing/funding requirements for operating cash. Produces the daily cash management variance analysis report and identifies results of prior day estimated cash projections while making adjustments to the operating cash surplus/deficit balance.
- Associate's degree required .
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally