Director - Marketing Research
Department Description: This role is providing direction on the Beth Israel Lahey Health Marketing and Communications team.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 35807BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Vice President of Digital Strategy and Marketing Intelligence, the Director of Marketing Research will provide insight and strategic direction on marketing initiatives executed by the Beth Israel Lahey Health marketing team. The Director, Marketing Research will be charged with keeping the marketing department at the forefront of consumer and industry trends.
Provides the marketing team with consumer and market data to help inform strategic decisions and outreach strategies. He/She will collaborate with colleagues from across the marketing department as well as other BILH departments while fielding original research and analyzing third party data to identify market trends on behalf of the organization.
- Analyze and interpret industry and consumer data to provide actionable insight and strategy recommendation.
- Design and field custom BILH research to determine local market sentiment on key topics.
- Maintain a strong understanding of best practices in research.
- Conduct consumer testing of marketing campaign messages.
- Manage and oversee research partners and vendors
- Provide day-to-day management of agency and technology vendor partners.
- Work collaboratively with marketing team members, clinical partners and operation leaders throughout the organization.
- Oversee budget and planning activities.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- More than 10 years related work experience required in Research and analysis experience and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Experience effectively reporting research findings to internal stakeholders.
- Experience using research to influence and inform strategic decisions within complex organizations.
- Extensive experience monitoring and analyzing consumer sentiment and trends and designing and implementing custom consumer research.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Health care industry experience a plus.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.