Contract Administrator / Paralegal
Department Description: The Contract Administrator will be working with the Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians Human Resources Office.
This position is located in Boston, MA.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 32300BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer or designee, under limited supervision, the Contract Analyst actively manages the overall contracting process from drafting of the contract document through closeout. The Contract Analyst will serve as the principal liaison to the various clinical departments and work with them in conjunction with counsel to facilitate drafting needs. The Contract Analyst will draft and revise contracts for clients; manage and continually improve the contract creation process; download, administer and manage all completed contracts, including the accurate maintenance of all documents in the database and post execution data checks; recognize and anticipate contract management issues and recommend solutions, support and handle routine form contract agreements and related documentation in accordance with established contract policies and procedures.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values in the drafting, negotiation, and review of customer contracts.
- Downloads completed contracts and maintains centralized contract database of customer contracts and monitor performance obligations under such contracts.
- Ensures contract review, approval and execution in accordance with corporate and/or business unit guidelines.
- Prepares and disseminates information to appropriate employees regarding contract status. Prepares custom reports from contracting system regarding global status of contracts, numbers or other search parameters requested.
- Administer contract expiration and renewals process; coordinate contract closeout activities, including terminations.
- Assist Legal Department and Contract Analyst in building and maintaining a centralized database of certain contracts and monitoring performance obligations under such contracts.
- Track expirations, terminations, renewals, amendments.
- Communicate contract policy and practice to internal business teams.
- Conduct training for users of Conga Novatus. Answers questions as able.
- Other contract administration duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience at reading, updating, and drafting contract language. Excellent data management skills and proof-reading ability.
Accuracy, detail orientation and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to work both independently and with others. Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- 3 to 5 years of contract administration experience in a high-productivity environment with health care experience.
- Experience utilizing contract management database software or other similar software platforms.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally