Cloud Data Architect
Department Description: Information Technology (IT) has undertaken a multi-year effort to harmonize IT systems across Beth Israel Lahey Health. IT staff members may have the opportunity to participate in special projects that span Beth Israel Lahey Health as part of this harmonization effort. This position may be assigned to work on special projects, and other job duties, as needed.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45622BR
Job Summary: The Cloud Data Architect is a member of BILH's Enterprise Data and Analytics team. This role uses HealthCare Domain knowledge to assist and work closely with the leadership Team in designing, architecting and developing data warehousing solutions catering to the current landscape across different hospitals and bringing the data solutions together to serve the Enterprise. The Architect interfaces with business teams and other Technologists to develop the right solutions for the business that are flexible and scalable. He /She must be a self-driven individual who can work with data stewards, Technology leads, Developers and stakeholders across the health system and mentor other data analysts, Data Engineers, and Report writers on Data Management side in the team. The individual in this role must bring a strong combination of Business, Architecture, and Technology acumen and be able to provide solutions that balance the unique needs of both the business and technology.
- Responsible for designing and developing multiple data streams and data services portfolios that include Analytics Frameworks, Data Engineering pipelines, data portals and Data Governance tools. Designing and Developing code using various ETL and Reporting tools ' SSAS, Informatica, PowerBI, Tableau etc. with EPIC as the primary source system.
- Expertise in creating data pipelines on Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) using ADLS Gen2, Databricks, Snowflake/Synapse/Redshift etc. Manage build phase and quality assure code to ensure fulfilling requirements and adhering to ETL architecture.
- Identify, recommend and implement ETL process and architecture improvements. Use hands-on approach to provide solutions and follow standard project lifecycle and development methodologies.
- Knowledge of EPIC cogito Analytics Framework including caboodle, Clarity and Reporting workbench (RWB). Has Exposure to IoT data sets, NoSQL data bases and Data Services using API's. Extensive knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies, frameworks, and libraries of the specific technological domain of the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Apache Spark, Apache NiFi, Sqoop, Hive).
- Develop best practices and routines to ensure for the data accuracy and integrity. Monitor and Manage existing data mart and data feed routines/ETL Jobs. Monitor and Manage ADT HL7 and CCD data Feeds. Design ETL Framework and add enhancements to the existing ETL Jobs as business demands.
- Work collaboratively with different teams to smoothly slide the project from various environments to production. Effectively analyze, troubleshoots issues, defects encountered in applications and follow-up with vendor support team on product defects.
- Work with the business systems architects and application developers to streamline data governance, data cleansing, data normalization and usage patterns. Design, build and deploy streaming and batch data pipelines capable of processing and storing large amounts of data quickly and reliably.
- Perform data evaluation, data profiling, and identification of potential problem areas and make appropriate recommendations.
- Work on Analysis of requirements and design solutions to meet business requirements. Provide design proposals following best practices considering data, business and service layers for all system changes such as defects, business impacts, work prioritization and estimation.
- Ability to Program in SQL, Python, Linux bash, and cloud services APIs to automate the processing of patient-level healthcare transactions and aggregated public health data. Experience in Data Science/ML is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required in data disciplines (data design/architecture, data modeling, integration, business intelligence, or analytics.).
- Solid experience in Designing and developing Data warehouses and BI systems along with other data governance initiatives. Extensive experience for collecting business requirements from customers and aligning them with organization objectives and direction.
- Solid working experiences on:
Data Warehouse, Data Modelling and ETL Concepts.
RDBMS concepts, SQL and NoSQL Queries and Performance tuning.
Health care standards like HL7, CCD and FHIR, and Coding systems (like ICD, CPT etc.)
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.