Clinical Support Supervisor - Lab Control - Day
Department Description: The Department of Pathology is involved with the diagnosis of cancer and other major medical conditions through the gross and microscopic examination of tissue samples obtained from surgical procedures and endoscopy (Anatomic Pathology).
Our department also provides clinical laboratory services to the hospital as well as consults in the areas of clinical chemistry, hematopathology, microbiology, and transfusion medicine (Clinical Pathology). Affiliated with Harvard Medical School, the Department of Pathology conducts research (linked )in the further characterization of disease processes and trains (linked text) the next generation of pathologists. Affiliated with Harvard Medical School, the Department of Pathology conducts research in the further characterization of disease processes and trains the next generation of pathologists.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 41269BR
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Clinical Manager, Clinical Support Supervisors provide leadership and oversight to the inpatient Phlebotomy Team and specific outpatient and outreach collection stations and lab control. Training, competency, collection station set up, supply maintenance and staffing are assignments for Clinical Support Supervisors. Clinical Support Supervisors maintain excellent communication and working relationships with internal and external clients. They provide consistent quality service to our customers and ensure that employee morale is maintained at the highest level.
- Ensure adequate staffing and efficient, effective workflow for outpatient, off-site collection stations, and Inpatient Phlebotomy to meet clinical and provider demands
- Drive quality improvement initiatives, continuously looking for ways to improve department performance, service, and employee morale
- Training and ensure competency for new employees, nursing and medical students in the area of expertise
- Shares on - call responsibilities
- Schedule, provide input for payroll and employee performance evaluations
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: 21-50
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Registration preferred: Phlebotomy Certificate, and Certificate 1 preferred: Phlebotomy Certificate, and Certificate 2 preferred: Phlebotomy Certificate
- 3-5 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.