Clin Rsch Ql Dta Outcomes - RN
Department Description: 1.) Develops and sustains an environment that supports excellence in clinical trials research management
2.) Conducts high quality clinical data screening, data compilation, data entry documentation and reporting.in accordance with Vascular Quality Imitative guidelines
3.) Demonstrates and promotes collaboration with medical and administrative colleagues in implementation of the Clinical Research Study
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 34871BR
Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities. Utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional registered nurse. Provides direct nursing care to research study participants, patients and families in an office-based setting and makes necessary nursing judgments. Works in collaboration with the Principal Investigators (PIs), sub-Investigators and Clinical Research Administrator towards the execution of clinical research trials. Ensures ongoing participation in and compliance with regulatory reporting and monitoring requirements. Contributes to department quality and data outcomes initiatives, provides education for staff and physicians. Conducts high quality clinical data screening, data compilation, documentation and reporting. Identifies patient safety and clinical quality improvement issues using a QA process. Training, evaluation and competencies for this role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
- Provides direct care to research study participants. Uses the nursing process to deliver professional care and evaluation of patient/study participant responses to study protocols. Provides patient/family care to vascular surgery patients in accordance with required post procedure surveillance/monitoring/reporting in adherence with department guidelines for follow up care.
- Collaborates with research and regulatory staff to develop and implement appropriate quality control guidelines to ensure all study conduct activities conform to Institutional regulatory standards, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), national cooperative group standards and other applicable state, federal and local regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates the care of study patients and directs staff to coordinate and implement an approved study according to the protocol and policies of the nursing service. Evaluates patient responses to protocol treatments using the nursing process. Collects data and works with physicians, clinical nurses and patients for the selection of and participation of appropriate study participants.
- Implements systematic collection of data in a manner consistent with nursing services policies and protocol guidelines, formulating plan of care and prioritizing nursing interventions, coordinating plan of care as it relates to the research protocol and responding to the learning needs of the patient and family.
- Conducts high quality clinical data screening, data compilation, data entry documentation and reporting in accordance with Vascular Quality Imitative guidelines. Maintains accurate and complete data for entry into VQI/VSGNE data base.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. Master's degree preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Solid database skills to monitor, maintain, and secure a complex clinical database.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Previous Vascular Surgery research experience.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize and perform multiple project goals/initiatives while meeting strict external and internal reporting deadlines.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.