Administrative Assistant II - Administration
Department Description: We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to enhance the operational needs of our research and development programs aimed at the development of a vaccine and a cure for HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases.
The Center for Virology and Vaccine Research is looking for someone well-organized and self-driven to support our Administrative workflow and Quality Assurance program. The Administrative Assistant will have a strong focus on efficiency, time management, attention to detail, and the ability to think critically of the role's responsibilities and the program as a whole. Successful candidates will have solid interpersonal skills and a professional manner, and will be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while adhering to strict deadlines and exercising good judgment, while remaining focused on details. A successful candidate will be able to perform both administrative and QA work.
The Administrative Assistant’s primary role will be to perform annual internal audits of procedures and personnel, quality check all research and clinical data files, and perform additional administrative tasks that include the review and editing of multiple documents, and report generation. Other duties include:
• Documentation and reporting all audit results
• Review of analytical plants, reports, and data
• Review of SOPs, GCLP documents, and personnel performance
• Review of Corrective Action Logs, Deviation Reports, and associated trending logs
• Other administrative tasks
The Administrative Assistant will be expected to provide direct backup for other administrators when needed, which would include placing and tracking lab orders, assisting with recurring events and meetings, providing direct assistance to the Director, and providing administrative assistance on various tasks as staffing dictates.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 31263BR
Job Summary: Provides secretarial and administrative support for the department. Involves extensive interaction with diverse populations including the public, visitors, patients and families, medical practitioners and medical center staff.
- Answers and screens telephone calls. Takes accurate messages or directs call to appropriate person. Greets and directs patients/families, visitors and staff. Responds to requests in a timely manner and provides clear and accurate information within scope of knowledge and authority.
- Types and prepares correspondence and documents according to quality standards. Proofreads and edits materials for grammar, punctuation and spelling. Drafts routine correspondence. Compiles and distributes reports and other information as needed..
- Schedules appointments and meetings and maintains calendars and schedules for assigned staff. Assists in preparation for conferences, seminars and other department sponsored programs or events. Receives, records and prepares related materials and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Organizes and maintains department files, records and databases following established procedures. Enters information from source documents into databases and/or spreadsheets.
- Prepares, routes and tracks routine administrative forms and documents. Routes materials for required authorizations and monitors receipt by final destination. Communicates with other hospital departments to resolve delays, problems and errors.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally