Department Description: ****Key responsibilities of the Accounting team include: assisting with the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements on a monthly basis, and reconciling and maintaining accurate monthly account reconciliations as well as preparing monthly journal entries and supporting documentation.
****A successful candidate will have the following personal and professional characteristics: Strong interpersonal and analytical skills, strong communication skills, team player and detailed oriented.
This summer internship position is located at HMFP's new corporate offices in Woburn, MA.
Join the Corporate Accounting team of Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians (HMFP) at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Job Location: Woburn, MA
Req ID: 28208BR
Job Summary: Performs general business support responsibilities related to the student's program of study under department supervision.
- Organizes and performs a variety of responsibilities that provide practical experience in the field of the Student's academic program and support the business functions of the department.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Currently enrolled in an academic program in a College, University or other advanced educational institution
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service:Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally