Department Description: Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, known as “HMFP” is an academic faculty practice that is the employed physician group of BIDMC.
HMFP has an exclusive affiliation agreement with BIDMC for patient care, research and teaching services. We employ approximately 1650 providers. Each of our 13 departments is led by a Chief of Service who collaborates with a Chief Administrative Officer. Our HMFP Corporate offices are based at BIDMC and in Woburn and provide comprehensive management services, including compliance, legal, finance, and human resources, to the departments and our employees.
This position is located in Woburn, MA.
Job Location: Woburn, MA
Req ID: 41203BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director of Finance of HMFP, the Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing pro-forma and financial budget statements to support the strategic planning efforts of HMFP Corporate and the Departments. The role will also assist with updating various financial models and analyzing results on a routine basis. The Financial Analyst partners with Department administrators to provide support in developing annual budgets and monitoring actual results to budget to improve the overall operations of the organization. Other areas of responsibility include developing and posting journal entries, maintaining the chart of accounts, populating various Excel models, and other ad hoc analyses.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget cycle for HMFP and affiliates. Cultivate and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Prepare monthly Departmental budget variance analyses for review by the Director of Finance and other key stakeholders.
- Update systems periodically with budget/actual data between the budget system (Oracle Hyperion) and the general ledger (EPICOR). Upload data into the budget system, ensure accuracy, and track changes. Assist in the maintenance of the Hyperion budget system and the implementation of future enhancements and functionality.
- Conduct analysis (performance, variance and financial) as assigned. Create/update monthly reports which include but are not limited to, financial performance reporting, budget and revenue forecasting, wRVU benchmarking, patient service revenue, and general ledger.
- Generate financial analysis and pro-forma statements to support the strategic planning efforts of HMFP Corporate and the Departments. Manipulate and synthesize large financial data sets into concise actionable reports for management.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in an analytical or finance role.
- Highly detail oriented with strong analytical, communications and computer skills.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and the ability to work well in a team-focused environment.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Financial reporting and budgeting applications (Oracle Hyperion and SAP BusinessObjects preferred).
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement