Administrative Coordinator - Human Resources
Department Description: The Administrative Coordinator will be supporting the Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians corporates offices, in support of the Chief Human Resources Officer and Chief Information Officer.
This position is located in Woburn, MA.
Job Location: Woburn, MA
Req ID: 30379BR
Job Summary: Provides support for leadership positions and a division or department by leading and coordinating administrative work, projects and staff. Performs various administrative functions requiring in-depth knowledge of departmental programs, operations and services and hospital policies and procedures.
- Screens telephone calls and access for high-level position(s) deciding which individuals need face to face meetings, which can be refer to other managers or when possible, resolves the situation. Schedules and prepares for diverse and complex appointments, meetings and travel arrangements.
- Oversees planning and preparation for committees. Distributes minutes, prepares agenda, materials and committee work.
- Plans, coordinates and makes recommendations in preparation for high-profile programs and events for the department.
- Independently composes and edits complex and sensitive correspondence, reports and documents for final approval by manager.
- Compiles, analyzes and summarizes data from multiple sources to create detailed complex documents, reports and high-level presentations.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.