Department Description: Seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator/Senior Accounting Assistant for Full-Time, 40-hours per week in Woburn, MA.
Job Location: Woburn, MA
Req ID: 29748BR
Job Summary: Processes invoices and corresponding payments to vendors in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with hospital policy and good accounting practice.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Prints and mails accounts payable checks on a weekly basis. Ensures that checks greater than $50,000 are manually signed by the CFO.
- Processes refunds checks: uploads and processes all patient refund checks for multiple billing companies. Manipulates large excel spreadsheets to create the proper format to upload into Image Now. Matches the printed checks to the supplied back up to mail to the insurance companies.
- Develops accounts payable/ accounting skills to be analytical and proactive in the processes of accounts payable.
- Works with department staff to analyze financial statement results and help ensure that all revenues and expenses are properly recorded at the posting level. Works with departments to understand their general ledger postings and their appropriateness.
- Responds to inquires from vendors/patients regarding issued checks. Verifies that checks were issued by HMFP and are valid issues.
- Maintains complete and orderly control of all documents including invoices, credits, statements and correspondence related to assigned vendors. Prepares routine invoices for payment by verifying purchase orders and receipt information
- Resolves problems with invoices, including incorrect PO numbers, receipts not recorded, and unit conversions. Problem resolution requires clear and concise communication with hospital employees (e.g. end users, purchasing personnel) in a professional manner. Follow through to problem resolution is a must. Knowledge of system and hospital procedures within context of vendor invoicing and payment.
- Processes credits issued by vendor, determining propriety and proper accounts to be credited. Responds to vendor inquiries concerning remittance, items charged to their accounts and hospital procedures for ordering and payments of goods and services in a professional and concise manner.
- Processes and maintains account payable invoice emails for designated vendor letters. Maintains a control log of invoices sent to other departments for department manager approval and signature to ensure timely invoice and payment processing. Reviews vendor statements and past due invoices, investigates old items and resolves outstanding issues with vendors and appropriate employees.
- Participates in departmental meetings to review problem transactions and delinquencies. Prepares files for scanning.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Ability to process information quickly and to understand both the specific and broad impact of the accounts payable process.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally