Senior Project Manager Strategic Planning
Department Description: This role will be based our of our Westwood Pharmacy supporting BILH Pharmacy Strategic Planning.
Job Location: Westwood, MA
Req ID: 40676BR
Job Summary: The Sr. Project Manager Strategic Planning simultaneously leads and manages several complex projects that cross functions and departments, utilizing the tools, techniques and methodology of project management to achieve organization objectives from strategic planning to implementation.
- Leadership in developing, facilitating, and managing projects. Works closely with senior administrators and pharmacy leadership to facilitate, coordinate, and manage the Pharmacy corps key strategic initiatives and projects.
- Works to define the project and support the preparation and facilitation of meetings so they are productive and move towards the project goals. Takes the lead in the issue resolution process and identifies project priorities when resolving issues. Communicates the status of issue management activities to project team members and organization stakeholders.
- Strategic planning. Facilitates and maintains our strategic road map helping the pharmacy corp progress on our strategic plan and keeping it a relevant strategic plan as things change in the organization and the market
- Manages a portfolio of large and smaller complex projects. Responds quickly to changing issues and priorities involving multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Capacity building. Develops the project management skill set within the administrative team through managing, mentoring, and training administrative staff to increase our project management capabilities.
- Manages deliverables. Guides the team member's deliverables and ensures their work is in-line with project goals.
- Performs and manages team to generate benchmarks, best practices, market opportunities, etc. in support of business case development.
- Drives projects forward, taking full account of obstacles, opposition, and differing stakeholder priorities. Acts behind the scenes to craft solutions and bring them to fruition.
- Creates summaries and documents for the project team as well as presentations for senior leaders.
- Appropriately defines alternate solutions and creates lasting, productive partnerships. Actively participates in cross-functional groups to solve problems across projects. Utilizes a network of relationships to collect and disseminate information, build support, and secure buy-in for desired objectives.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required in project management and/or analytical role, with consulting experience preferred.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Knowledge of PMP tools, techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Demonstrated ability for soft leadership skills.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement