Pharmacy Data Analyst
Department Description: This role will be based in our Westwood Pharmacy which consists of a specialty pharmacy, distribution center and fulfillment center.
Job Location: Westwood, MA
Req ID: 40644BR
Job Summary: Leverages software applications to design solutions, perform detailed data mapping and analysis, and produce business, research or clinical intelligence.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in the implementation of quality assurance metrics and reports.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly pharmacy operations dashboards.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly clinical pharmacy dashboards and report cards.
- Assist in the preparation of the pharmacy annual report.
- Assist pharmacy business manager as needed.
- Maintains integrity & quality of data & assures data conformity meets operational requirements and goals. Assists in planning, establishing & monitoring criteria for data collection. Trains department staff on data acquisition methods. Acts as central resource for data collection. Extracts data from multiple sources. Audits and resolves all issues. Acts as integral member of data collection teams
- Designs and develops reporting and analysis tools. Interprets data and refines analysis. Prepares and presents comprehensive reports. Develops forms, tables and other data tools in the applications that capture, report and consolidate data. Provides application data collection, analytics and reporting expertise. Complete analytics in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborates with IS to obtain and maintain applications used for data collection and reporting. Recommends tools, upgrades and alternatives. Assists in the development of application security and back-up plans. Coordinates interface solution with multiple applications.
- Ensures application access is in compliance with all regulatory and medical center practices. Acts as gatekeeper for application. Sets and define all user access and determine level of access. Reports all security risks to the application.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Allied Health or other related required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Application Certification, for one of the applications used in the department.
- 1 -3 years of multiple application maintenance with relational databases
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.