Mail Order Pharmacy Technician
Department Description: This is a closed-door mail order pharmacy in Westwood, MA.
* We are offering a $2,000.00 sign on bonus!
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, a health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care.
• Sign on bonuses are paid out in two payments. You will receive your first payment (half of the total amount) within the first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable taxes. You will receive the second payment (remaining balance) at six (6) months following your start date and is subject to applicable taxes.
• Full time status at BIDMC is considered for schedules greater than or equal to 30 hours per week; part time status is 20 to 29 hours per week. Please note, per diem employees are not eligible for sign on bonuses.
• Current and Former BILH candidates - restrictions apply. BIDMC Internal employees or employees within the BILH system are not eligible for the bonus or if you have been employed by a BILH entity within the last 12 months.
• Please note, sign on bonuses are subject to change based on the organization’s hiring needs and will be determined by Talent Acquisition on an ongoing basis. BILH/BIDMC Talent Acquisition reserves the right to change sign on bonus eligible jobs and amounts at any time.
Job Location: Westwood, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46385BR
Job Summary: Beth Israel Lahey Health is a world-class integrated health system providing patients with better care wherever they are. Our 120,000 square foot facility in Westwood, MA, provides state of the art pharmacy services to our systems' patients and employees. We specialize in patient-centered care, adherence packaging, specialty drug services, mail order services, prior authorizations processing, and patient counseling. We are seeking highly motivated energetic and experienced pharmacy technicians to help with the fulfillment of prescriptions on the automation line. Our goal is to provide the highest level of service and become the pharmacy of choice for all our patients and employees. The Pharmacy Fulfillment Technician assists Pharmacists with all aspects of the accurate and timely fulfillment and delivery of prescriptions.
- Supports all aspects of the pharmacy fulfillment process including accurately filling/counting prescriptions, processing payment utilizing the POS system. Packages, processes, tracks, and communicates delivery of prescription orders including addressing problems/issues with delivery process.
- Maintaining and procuring inventory of packaging and pharmacy supplies.
- Routine cleaning and maintenance of pharmacy and loading dock areas, including pharmacy equipment.
- Maintenance and filing of required recordkeeping/logs.
- All other duties assigned by the Central Fill Pharmacy manager or designee.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Registration Mass Registered Pharmacy Tech required., and Certificate 1 Certfied Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- 340B experience.
- Inventory, shipping & delivery, and/or Rx fulfillment experience.
- Previous pharmacy work experience in high volume store.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.