Behavioral Health Social Worker
Department Description: This position is full-time (with Benefits) based on 40-hours per week.
Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization (BIDCO) is a value-based physician and hospital network and an Accountable Care Organization (ACO). With its corporate office located in Westwood, Mass., BIDCO offers physician groups and hospitals the structure to contract, share risk, and build care management systems together, with the goal of providing the highest quality care in the most cost-efficient way.
Job Location: Westwood, MA
Req ID: 28883BR
Job Summary: Under clinical supervision, The Behavioral Health Social Worker is responsible for psychosocial screening, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up for patients in the Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization (BIDCO) behavioral health consultation program. Facilitate case consultations with primary care physicians and BIDCO behavioral health psychiatrists in providing behavioral health care as a bridge to patients in the community as a service to BIDCO PCPs. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, internal and external case managers, community partners and agencies, and other health care professionals to implement safe and effective patient care. Reports to the behavioral health manager and medical director at BIDCO.
- Screen/triage patients for PCPs with patient consent. Conduct psychosocial assessments. Consult with Behavioral Health Manager and others to create/implement plan.
- Provide services to address personal/environmental issues to maximize emotional, social & physical well-being & appropriate/efficient use of Healthcare resources.
- Work with the PCP to execute recommendations by Psychiatrist.
- Build strength based, clinically professional and therapeutic relationships with affiliated primary care patients.
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- License Lic Indep Clinical Social Work required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience using an electronic health record required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.