Department Description: This role is supporting our BILH Pharmacy Department based in our Westwood Pharmacy
Job Location: Westwood, MA
Req ID: 40821BR
Job Summary: Initiates journal entries, maintains detailed supporting analyses, and assists with the preparation of the Medical Center's financial statements. Performs analysis on variances from budgeted or forecasted results.
- Assists with the preparation of various Medical Center financial statements on a monthly basis. These financial statements are as follows: Balance Sheet, Statement of Operations, Accounts Receivable Statement, Cash Forecast, Variance Analysis, Account Analysis.
- Prepares journal entries and accruals to make the Medical Center's General Ledger reflect actual operations in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Performs detailed analysis of activity in various General Ledger accounts, most on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Prepares extensive analysis and supplemental schedules used by external auditors in conjunction with the Medical Center's annual audit under extreme deadline pressure in order to close books promptly and comply with reporting requirements of the Audit Committee.
- Provides coverage for absences in cashier and data control areas.
- Investigates variances from budget on all operating accounts. Contacts department heads to obtain information or clarification on reasons for variances.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.