Manager - Quality Improvement
Department Description: This role will providing management support on the BILPN team.
The role will be located in an office on the North Shore.
Job Location: North Shore, MA
Req ID: 31217BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director of Quality and Performance Improvement, the Quality Manager serves as a key member of the team. BILPN provides population based initiatives aimed at providing high quality care that is cost effective. The Manager of Quality and Performance Improvement manages and coordinates BILPN-wide quality improvement programs and activities that are integral to this goal. The Manager is responsible for the oversight of the BILPN quality improvement team and their work with the PCP and specialist practices as well as other quality improvement projects to be developed and designed to improve patient care and support the organizations quality improvement goals.
- Recruits, hires, manage and evaluate BILPN Quality Improvement Team.
- Provides initial orientation, ongoing training, role development, and mentoring of Quality Improvement Team to enable them to effectively work with staff and physicians in the practices.
- Monitors performance of Quality Improvement Team in their work with assigned practices. Solicits feedback from physician and office staff and in turn provides feedback and guidance to staff in order to best meet the needs and provide excellent customer service to the PCP and their practice staff.
- Reviews quality process and outcome data at the pod and practice level with Director Quality and other BILPN leadership to ensure progress toward incentive targets. Makes mid- course programmatic corrections when adequate progress towards goals is not being achieved.
- Develops and implements ways for Quality Improvement Team to identify and share best practices for quality improvement with PCPs, office staff, and one another.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: None
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
- Experience in a health care environment, strategy or program design and evaluation.
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of HEDIS, Medicare and MassHealth ACO quality concepts, practices and policies.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.