Lead Medical Assistant -Internal Medicine Practice
Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare-Sharon provides personalized, comprehensive care for patients aged 18 and older.
Job Location: Sharon, MA
Req ID: 29917BR
Job Summary: Reports to: Practice Manager or Ambulatory Practice Coordinator with input from assigned physician(s), nurses or other health care providers. Responsible for delivering the highest quality service to patients while contributing to the smooth functioning of practice operations.
- Serves as a coach, role model/mentor, providing support, training and sharing knowledge with other Medical Assistants, MA student externs and Practice Assistants in the practice. Makes recommendations on how resources can be used differently and more effectively. Acts as a team leader for small projects or in the absence of the Manager.
- Serves as first point of contact for the practice, assigns tasks to MA staff, prepares and adjusts staff MA schedules, Identifies and resolves OSHA compliance issues, expired supply management, assists with point of care testing and tracks test results. Collaborates with team; solicits thoughts and ideas from others and incorporates them to produce quality processes.
- Greet patients & escort to exam rooms, and serves as a communication resource. Asks appropriate questions and solves problems. Takes complete and accurate information from patients in person and by phone, prioritizing and communicating the information to providers appropriately. Responds quickly and courteously to phone calls and requests. Seeks assistance from supervisor and others appropriately.
- . Ensures availability of x-rays, lab slips, medical records and pertinent info. Obtains vitals, weight, blood pressure, pulse and temperature, performs EKGs, injections and/or phlebotomy, & assists providers. Performs departmental screening, lab tests and specimen collection. Implements quality control standards. Follow up on lab orders and communicate with Practice Manager.
- Assists with procuring medical records. Ensures patient records and relevant documents filed in the record have appropriate patient identification. Adds new medications to patient record in EMR system. Assemble records according to BIDHC/APG policy and handle requests for patient information according to established guidelines.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Certificate 1 Medical Assistant Certificate required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant in a primary care setting.
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.