Department Description: The Division of General Surgery treats a range of conditions from simple to the most complex. Our surgeons perform a variety of open and advanced laparoscopic procedures at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth.
Job Location: Plymouth, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46129BR
Job Summary: Coordinates the scheduling for all patient procedures and services.
- Schedules patients for procedures; post-operative appointments, pre-admission testing, testing, surgery, follow up and wait list process. Notify patients in-person and via mail of scheduled procedures. Ensures all communications are timely and provide complete details of procedure, location, and time and required. Provides patients with information pertaining to testing and surgery.
- Maintains multiple applications for scheduling of procedures & collection of patient data. Schedules location of procedure, medical staff & clinical resources. Completes accurate & timely journal entries. Collaborates with internal & external partners to obtain resources. Maintains physician &/or surgeon's schedule. Registers patient & ensures demographic data is entered accurate.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- Certificate 1 preferred: Medical Admin Assistant Cert
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.