Department Description: Scheduled: Full Time - 40 Hours - Monday - Friday
Beth Israel Deaconess- OB/GYN and Midwifery
Job Location: Plymouth, Massachusetts
Req ID: 42034BR
Practice Assistant and/or Administrative Assistant knowledge in medical terminology
Job Summary: Reports to (one of the following): Practice Manager or Ambulatory Practice Coordinator with input from assigned physician, nurses or other health care providers. Responsible for delivering the highest quality service to patients while contributing to the smooth functioning of practice operations.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provides support to the practice for population management by tracking and monitoring individual process and outcome measures for eligible managed care and Medicare patients who have chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and depression.
- Acts as a key resource to the practice for the management of registries of patients who have chronic diseases to ensure that they receive the required testing and medical management to promote optimal health and clinical outcomes.
- Reviews registries with PCPs to determine the next phase in patient care. Facilitates appointment scheduling, telephone outreach and patient education. Coordinates the distribution of patient reminder letters on behalf of PCPs.
- Greets patients and visitors in a manner that demonstrates courtesy, service, respect and privacy. Serves as a central communication source in the delivery of patient care by being responsive, accessible and visible. Provides accurate information, directions and/or guidance and follows up promptly to ensure that needs have been met.
- Performs check in, registration, scheduling, verification of demographic information and fiscal data utilizing a computer system. Collects co-payments following standards for managing copayment processing. Schedules, reschedules and cancels appointments making every effort to accommodate patient and provider needs. Obtains and enters referrals.
- Monitors and supports patients and visitors entering and leaving the practice. Facilitates timely flow and proactively solves flow issues (i.e., early or late patient, late provider, etc.). Acts as liaison between patient and practice staff to ensure optimal flow and service delivery. Acts as liaison between patient and other areas to ensure optimal flow and service delivery.
- Maintains clean and welcoming physical environment of the reception area. Maintains signage and clarity of information displayed in reception area. Monitors audio or visual images for appropriate programming and volume levels to ensure a non-intrusive and calming environment. Contacts the appropriate departments when repairs or services are needed and follows through.
- Other responsibilities will vary by practice and may include, but are not limited to: Check out, Schedules necessary follow-up appointments., Provides patient with any relevant educational materials as indicated, Visit ticket entry,
Medical Records preparation.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- Certificate 1 preferred: Medical Admin Assistant Cert
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- One year experience in a healthcare or service/hospitality environment.
- Experience with provider relations/IPA or PO, and a familiarity with standard quality measures, e.g., HEDIS.
- Familiarity with different electronic medical records, including WebOMR.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.