Pharmacy 340B Coordinator
Department Description: We are hiring for our new Retail Pharmacy which will open October 1st 2018
Job Location: Norwood, MA
Req ID: 26218BR
Job Summary: This position will collaborate with Contract Pharmacy, Finance, Corporate Compliance, and IT departments on issues related to the 340B program. Reconcile 340B purchases and invoices for contracted retail pharmacies to ensure funds are proper allocated to corresponding accounts. Assure that the 340B transactions assignments are completed and that 340B contracted pharmacy compliance audits are up to date. Regularly audit 340B dispensations for compliance with regulations. You must have the ability to navigate through the EMR (electronic medical record). Follow 340B Policies of the Pharmacy Department. Define actions to correct issues related to dispensation and purchase data in SentryDS that could affect 340B eligibility.
- Operational oversight of BIDMC's 340B Contract Pharmacy programs (various companies, 60-70 locations).
- Oversee and administer the AP Process in accordance with good accounting principles. Hundreds of invoices to be processed weekly. Invoices must be verified against product received records, must be tagged with the proper account numbers and cost centers, signed by appropriate administrator, and submitted timely to BIDMC AP for payment by check or electronically.
- Review new information related to 340B. Sign up for webinars hosted by, but not limited to, Apexus, SNHPA and HRSA that are related to 340B.
- Work with Pharmaceutical Wholesalers to bring in products not stocked by local distribution centers.
- Work with IS to address electronic prescription coding so that eligible scripts are pulled into the program.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Registration Registered Pharmacy Tech required., and Certificate 1 Certfied Pharmacy Technician required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Pharmacy technician experience, pharmacy purchasing or inventory management in a hospital or clinic. Exceptional database and spreadsheet knowledge, proficient in math, pharmacy calculations and use of excel formulas.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience with 340B program regulatory and billing/coding compliance, project management.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.