Wound Care Registered Nurse
Department: Wound Care Center
At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center our nurses make a difference each and every day. Here you will work in a collaborative environment where our patients come first. You are a patient advocate delivering compassionate care while ensuring safe nursing practices. We are Harvard with a heart and strive to build on our legacy of nursing excellence.
- Full Time
- Level: 1 + Years
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
- Team Player 10
- Adaptable/Flexible 9
- Patient Focused 8
- Self Confident 8
- Dependable 7
- Compassionate 7
Let me just give you a quick overview of why it's different here. You'll be heard, respected, valued. Your ideas will be sought, your input welcomed. There's a real commitment to keeping it collegial and collaborative.-Marsha M., RN, MS, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services CNO
Health and Wellness Programs
$5 Red Sox Tickets
Department Description: Our comprehensive, multidisciplinary clinic offers patients a high-tech facility for treating chronic, non-healing wounds while staying close to home.
Our highly specialized and experienced staff of physicians, nurses and technicians provides the most up-to-date approaches to wound care based on the latest scientific advances. Designing the most appropriate and effective treatment for our patients includes the implementation of a care plan that adheres to evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. We not only treat the wound, we collaborate with the patient's team of physicians, home health nurses and caregivers to manage the healing process and address the underlying cause of the wound.
We offer onsite laboratory services and access to the Joslin Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology, BID–Needham and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 29060BR
Job Summary: The Registered Wound Care Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning and implementing care for patients with acute and chronic wounds. The Registered Wound Care Nurse will fully assess the patient, identify disease processes, and collaborate with physicians to develop a care plan. The RN will assist physicians with minor surgical procedures, apply complicated dressings, Provide patient and family teaching, phone triage, thorough documentation. The Registered Wound care nurse will receive advanced training and will be expected to operate the Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers when needed.
The Registered Nurse collaborates with physicians and other disciplines to ensure patient satisfaction and quality, cost effective patient care.
- Able to assess patient disease processes to identify and label wound type, using appropriate methods of diagnostic testing
- Ability to case manage patients on a weekly basis to provide input into change of care plan
- Identifies patients appropriate for advanced therapies. Effectively collaborates with Physician to expedite treatment
- Chooses appropriate primary wound treatments and wound dressings
- Completes documentation, with attention to detail, in a timely manner
- Associate's degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required., and CWCN, CWOCN preferred
- 0-1 years related work experience required in 2 years of wound care experience preferred.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.