Department Description: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Needham (BID–Needham) is a licensed 58–bed acute care hospital offering the same care as our direct affiliate Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in your community.
This close affiliation with BIDMC, since 2000, has facilitated the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, pathology and oncology. Physicians in Needham maintain very close relationships with the staff at BIDMC; so in cases where patients need to be transferred from Needham to Boston for more advanced care, there are systems in place to make that transition happen quickly.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 31489BR
Job Summary: Sets up dish station, and three bay sink and washes pots, pans, china, silverware and tools and equipment according to sanitary procedures. Stocks cook stations and tray line with clean dishes. Retrieves dirty trays from patient floors according to hospital standards. May need to stock kitchenettes and outpatient areas according to par levels. Records stock taken on sheets provided. Take refrigerator temperatures and dish machine temperatures and records them, on a daily basis. Assist in received and putting away deliveries. Removes trash from kitchen and café, and washes floor throughout production areas. Performs daily, weekly and monthly cleaning jobs. Maintains the cleanliness of the dish room and machine at all times.
- Retrieves and cleans patient dishes in a timely manner. Always leaves an empty cart for unit to use. Stocks station with clean china etc. before meal service.
- Removes trash in a timely manner from the kitchen and café, and places trash and cardboard in the appropriate receptacles.
- Records dish machine temps and pressure on a daily basis. Records kitchenette temperature's when doing stock on a daily basis. Records stocking levels on par sheets.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.