TEMPORARY Technician Aide-Image Archive Coordinator (40hr, Day)
Department Description: The Radiology Department at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham (BID Needham) offers a wide array of personalized services for our patients. We have short wait times and technologists whose top priority is accommodating you. As a community hospital, our staff offers a personal touch not always found at larger institutions. Our radiologists are members of the medical staff of the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham and the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in Boston.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 40879BR
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Manager of Radiology, performs a wide variety of specific and specialized duties, using independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. This position requires knowledge of procedures and policies related to the Radiology Department and functions as team player. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands and to seek managerial assistance when needed. This position provides Imaging studies on CD for requests made by patients, referring physicians or legal requests. Provides support to overnight technologist either in CT or X-Ray, transporting and positioning patients.
- Works as a technical assistant to the Radiology Technologists to include positioning of patients, physical room set-up and assisting with patient care during contrast injections.
- Transports ED and Inpatient patients as needed to and from Radiology Department.
- In accordance with hospital policy and HIPPA requirements, burn CD's for patients, providers or for legal cases.
- Responsible for keeping the CD Burner in working order and notifies company when not working.
- Non-Urgent Results - Responsible for communication and documentation of Non Urgent Results (Inforad) with-in 48hrs of notification. This is a daily requirement
- Imports outside CD to PACs, ensuring that they are linked to the correct patient and display properly in PACS. Utilizes LifeImage inbox for sending and receiving images, per department protocol.
- Accompanies and works with the overnight technologist to maintain safety. Assists with communications with other departments.
- Functions as a patient sitter for those patients who require supervision when not being imaged.
- Utilizes Expanse / PACs to access patient information.
- Ensures that all imaging studies burned for distribution, on off shifts are recorded properly.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Equivalent related work experience may be substituted for High School Diploma and/or GED requirement.
- 0-1 years related work experience required in medical or customer service working environment..
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with engaging telephone manner and presence. Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Computer knowledge and expertise, specifically utilizing PACS and Meditech.
- Problem solver with the ability to multitask with outstanding organizational skills.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATIONVaccines
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement